Sunday, July 4, 2010

Summer Bounty

Summer is the time for lots of yummy veggie bounty.
We had a couple over for a game last week and to enjoy a wonderful strawberry rhubarb pie (any dessert with rhubarb is my favorite...so tangy and delicious). As a gift they brought with them some summer bounty. They have a friend who is growing some zucchini and they had lots to share. They brought us quite a large one; so I felt that I needed to try something new with this summer goodness. I have heard of zucchini cakes but have never tried them. I went to google and typed in zucchini cakes and tons of recipes came up I went with THIS one, very simple and I had all the ingredients. They were done in a flash and so tasty we just ate them plain. I'm sure they would be quite good with some sour cream and scallions on top as well.



Thank you Aaron and Maddie for this amazing zucchini!

No comments:

Post a Comment