Sunday, July 11, 2010

My Fabric Stash

I have a little obsession with fabric. I am on JoAnn Fabrics mailing list so I often get coupons for 40-50% off a single cut of fabric or anything that is not on sale already. Sometimes I use those coupons to add to my fabric stash. I am very happy to say that JoAnn's has been getting a little better fabric selection which has been nice. There are some great websites out there too but sometimes its hard to really tell what the fabric looks like without seeing the design in person. I have so many projects that I want to start and some that I have strayed away from (yes I mean the quilt...sorry Mom I will be getting back to that soon :)!).
I have recently been given the awesome opportunity by my Mother-in-law, to set up a table with some of my handmade goods and an event she is hosting. I'm really excited this will be my first try at selling some of my jewelry and I was thinking of making some purses as well. It is in September so I will need to create a lot in the next couple months. I have debated for awhile about starting up an ETSY site to sell some handmade treasures but I really just haven't had the time to devote to it. I keep thinking I would start one once I became a stay at home Mom....which I can't wait for that day! Maybe this will give me a jump start on doing that...who knows what could happen.
Back to my fabric stash; here are some pictures of some of it. I recently got some fabric with these darling birds all over. I can't wait to use them for something!


Also here are some fun eye masks I recently finished. For our anniversary Jordan bought me this awesome book, "Sew Liberated, 20 Stylish Projects for the Modern Sewist". This was one of the projects, I modified what she did because I wanted to use patterned silk instead of solid. The silk fabric makes them so nice to wear. The inside is filled flax seed infused with lavender essential oil so they smell divine.



5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I love the fabric in the second picture! It says "Greta" to me:)
    Thumbs up for an Etsy shop. They are super fun, but only as much work as you want it to be.
    (Which is why mine is positively empty right now.)
    XO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the eye masks! How fun that you get to sell some of the items you've made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are very organized though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous! We don't have any fabric stores nearby, the closest one is in Jacksonville, 45 minutes away. There used to be a really cute one nearby but they closed. Keep building that stash, you can make so many fun things with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok ok... I think a good trade would be an 60 min massage for an eye mask!!! haha :) LOVE THEM

    ReplyDelete