Sunday, July 4, 2010

Feast for the 4th

I always enjoy coming up with a menu for holidays. Jordan has lots of studying to do right now so we didn't have any extravagant plans for the 4th this year. This was the perfect time to make a fun meal; it gives me something to do with all my time and keeps us home for studying. It wasn't hard to come up with the menu because I got it from a cooking show...of course :)
Last week I was watching, 5 Ingredient Fix, and Claire Robinson was doing what she called a "Passport Picnic." It was a Mediterranean menu and right away I knew I wanted to make these recipes soon...what better time but the 4th of July?!

On the Menu:
Lamb Sandwich




The only ingredient I couldn't find was ground lamb, maybe if we lived in a bigger city I would have. I used ground beef instead. The ground beef patties turned out great the mint and feta really gave them the Mediterranean taste. The Fresh cucumber salad was so wonderful; the honeydew melon with the cucumber was a great match and the jalapeno and red onion really set it off with a nice punch of flavor then the Greek yogurt made it nice and creamy! The Israeli couscous was delicious. The crunch from the pistachios and the sweet chewiness of the apricots were the perfect textures; also I love pretty much anything with scallions in it. These recipes were a huge hit with Jordan and I. You should try them all out for sure.

4 comments:

  1. Nub-a-dub-dub!
    I didn't know you had a blog? What a fun find! All your foods look so yummy:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm!!! You've been making some DELICIOUS recipes! I can't wait to try these out! And the pictures you take are always magazine-worthy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that looks amazing! And the way you describe each dish makes me feel like I'm enjoying it with you guys! Yum!!

    ReplyDelete