Sunday, July 18, 2010

Date Night...and a Bear

Jordan and I most often get some time alone during the weekends. Most often I either plan something extra fun for dinner or we go out to eat. Then we usually finish up the evening with a movie either from netflix or we go out to the movies. We love movies! But needless to say we are doing a lot of the same. So we decided that each week we would take turns planning our "Date Night" this was the first week and Jordan planned it for us. We started out by getting some take out from Tropical Smoothie and then drove up on the Skyline Drive to the Visitors Center. There we chose a nice spot in the grass to enjoy our dinner while lounging in our Crazy Creek chairs. It was so much fun to get away and do something different.


Then after we finished up with dinner we took a little hike in the woods. It was so fun to get out in nature and unwind after our yummy meal.
Now for the Bear part. Right when we were finishing up our loop Jordan says to me, "Deb stop for a minute. " So of course I instinctively try to speed up because I'm guessing he saw a bear, this area happens to have a lot of them...lucky me. Turns out there was a cub to our right and Jordan was wisely trying to see where the mother was before moving on and he wanted to get a picture of it :) Well as my heart was racing I did my best to slow down and remain calm I am happy to say we did not cross paths with the mom.

Here is the baby bear running off.


Hooray for Date Night!!
Now I get to plan for next week :)

5 comments:

  1. Wow! I can't believe you saw a bear! I would have been terrified!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww how cool that you saw a bear cub! And what a fun date night :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have had a hard time standing still!!! Date nights sound fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww! This bear cub is adorable! Caleb is not a fan of bears--we hit one on I-95 a couple of years ago and it totaled his truck. Pretty crazy story, he'll have to tell you about it some time!

    ReplyDelete