Sunday, September 27, 2009

My Crafty Corner

I am very excited to say that we have sectioned off a little space for me in our guest bedroom/office to do my crafty things! Right now it looks a little boring.


So I have a few projects up my sleeve to spruce it up a bit. That way I will be inspired to do more crafts, we all need a little inspiration, right? Okay so my first completed project are these wonderfully fun fabric covered cork boards. They are too cute. I decided to take a little break from the quilt. It was very fun picking out the fabric for these boards and better yet the project was done in 3 days! Really it is a 1 day project but I didn't buy all the supplies on the first trip to the store. It was nice to have quick results. This idea came from a very fun magazine called Stitch. I am in love with this magazine. It is full of fun sewing projects. There are about 7 other projects in the Winter 2008 issue that I am itching to do. I haven't even checked the other issues but I'm sure they are full of great projects too.

Here are a couple pictures of all the supplies for the fabric covered cork boards.


These were so fun to make you can really be creative with the kind of fabrics you choose. I only picked out 2 and I decided to go with plain colors for mine; so that I can fill them with fun clippings and pictures and whatever I feel like. This project has made my corner so fun to be in.


We also found and inexpensive shelf to store extra fabric and supplies. Also a stool to sit on I am very excited about this I was using one of out dining room chairs which for me was way too short, now when I am sewing I can actually see what I'm doing :). Lastly we decided to place the white cylinder lamp in the corner it was previously in the far corner of our bedroom getting no use. You can't see this in the picture but there is a nice space for my sewing machine under the desk so when I need it I can move the computer and in a snap I have a sewing desk. All these changes are vast improvements to the functionality of my crafty corner, and I'm so excited!!!


Stay tuned for future updates. I am considering recovering the stool at some point with a fun fabric :). But for now my craft time will be devoted back to the quilt.

3 comments:

  1. Oh how fun! I love the new cork boards - what a great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had a space to set up a craft table. I hate having to pull out my sowing machine every time. What kind of sowing machine do you have? What are the pros and cons? I am in search of a new one.
    OH, and cute boards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new space!! I want my "creative space" back... currently it's been hijacked by our tenant Scott. :( I love the cork boards. The material you picked is perfect!

    ReplyDelete