Saturday, September 12, 2009

Special Visitor

My week started out with a special "surprise" visit from my wonderful friend Carrie from out of town. The truth is that it was supposed to be a surprise but I actually knew she was coming all along. I happened to be sitting right next to Jordan when he received the email from Carrie that she wanted to come up for a surprise visit. Sadly he mentioned to me that Carrie emailed him before realizing what her email was about so it was a bust from the beginning. I still tried to pretend that I didn't know when Carrie arrived but she could see through me instantly...I wasn't the least bit convincing. None the less we had a wonderful time! She came up Sunday afternoon and we spent the day chatting and catching up then we had dinner at a yummy Thai place in our downtown mall. Then Monday came and we had a slow paced morning with a yummy breakfast and then we ended up at an amazing bead store which is also located in the downtown mall area. There Carrie and I both choose our beads and made a necklace, it was so much fun we spent the whole afternoon there. If you live near a bead store I highly recommend making something it's a fun experience for sure.

Here is a picture of Carrie's necklace, the beads she picked where a fun range of color's and I love her little elephant!

Here is a picture of mine, it is made with colorful Jade. I have been eyeballing this kind of Jade for awhile now so it was fun to make something with it.


So Thank You Carrie for visiting me I had so much fun!!

2 comments:

  1. It sound like a perfect visit. Beautiful necklaces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had so much fun too! It's ok that my surprise was spoiled... I was actually kind of glad because I was nervous about just stopping by!
    I can't wait for the next visit. :)
    Miss you lots!

    ReplyDelete