Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snowed in at the Watkins

We have been getting a fair amount of snow which has caused our regular schedules to be put to a halt. Jordan has not been to school since last Thursday! He is becoming stressed as he is seeing the work piling up. Luckily he has been able to study with a classmate a few times. As for me; in the last 3 days have only been able to work 6 hours because of the snow. Today I was told not to come in at all because of the weather. I can't complain the time off has been fun, but today I was feeling especially snowed in... My loving husband gave me the brilliant suggestion to make a list of things I wanted to accomplish today. What an amazing idea...why didn't I think of this? Lucky for me I have Jordan in my life to give me these wonderful ideas. So I did just that. I made my list and have had a great time checking things off. It truly has made me feel super accomplished and not so snowed in :). Jordan and I are not at all prepared for the snow, neither of us even have boots!! Needless to say there has not been much exploring the outdoors as of late. The only time we have gone outside is to un-bury our cars :). This has caused us to feel rather unhealthy and because of another brilliant idea from Jordan, we have been using our kitchen stool to do step ups, running in place, running laps around our apartment, push ups and sit ups it has been pretty funny that is for sure.

I will leave you with a picture of our parking lot. This was taken on Saturday, it has been plowed and then we got more snow last night/today so now it looks similar to this again but not quite as bad
Well back to my list!!

3 comments:

  1. That's crazy! I hope the snow lets up soon and they can get the roads plowed so you guys can get back to work/school!

    Happy {belated} Birthday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty impressive photos I can see why you might have that snowed-in feeling. It sounds like the two of you are staying busy though with those great ideas. Hopefully the snow will end soon.

    ReplyDelete