Sunday, February 21, 2010

Spring Time Here I Come!

We enjoyed a small glimmer of warmer weather this weekend and it got me thinking of Spring! I am very excited for Springtime. This year I am going to get a few rectangular hanging flower boxes to place on our porch railing. This will be my first outdoor growing attempt so I am very excited. At the present time our porch is completely empty accept for a strand of Christmas lights we still have out. So it will be so fun to have some pretty flowers and plants to look at. Also this weekend I ventured out to Pier 1, a store that I love. For my birthday my husbands family gave me a gift card to this wonderful store and I was very excited to use it. After walking around the entire store not wanting to make a rash decision I stumbled upon a beautiful outdoor chair in a weathered dark teal/green color and then I saw the price tag and got super excited...this chair was normally $100 and is now marked down to $24.99!!! It so happens that it is from last year's collection how awesome is that!! I was a little nervous cause there was only one on the floor but after asking someone they had six in the back!!! Jordan and I have been looking for outdoor chairs for a couple years now, but the ones we actually liked were are always way out of our price range so we have just stuck with our camping chairs. Now we have chairs for our porch that are something we actually find attractive! I'm so glad we never settled :)
Here they are


Also I updated my wall sconce flowers for spring. The past 4 years I have had the same red Gerber daises in my sconces and I was ready for something different. So a few weeks ago I found these beautiful spring green hydrangeas; it's a fresh new look for our dinning room and I love them!

Then while I was grocery shopping I found these beautiful orange baby roses. I love bright baby roses they always brighten my day.


Happy almost Spring to you all. Please let me know if you have any growing tips for my new growing adventure.

4 comments:

  1. I love those chairs! What a great deal! Pier1 has really outdone themselves. The new flowers look great, and those orange roses are beautiful! Good luck on the flower boxes! I don't have any tips as I've never done outdoor gardening, either, but I'm sure everything will turn out just lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that little birdy on your tray!
    Growing tips - following the instructions for the plant! It really does matter for the sun/shade recommendations. Keep them watered, but don't over water.
    I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I gave you the "Happy Award" on my blog today! Feel free to spread the joy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your spring collection is very inviting. I especially love the little bird :). That bird reminds me of you and your enthusiasm. Spring is around the corner.

    ReplyDelete