Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentines Day Celebration

I love days of celebration! Since Valentines day is just a couple days after my birthday it has become our tradition to stay in because we usually go out for my birthday. I love coming up with a special menu for dinner. This year I decided to crack open a cookbook we received as a wedding gift. It's called the "Newlywed Cookbook", and I found some scrumptious recipes to use. I made Roasted Chicken with Apples and Dried Fruit and then Scalloped Potatoes with Gorgonzola Cheese. It was simply delectable....mmm. We ended the meal with Chocolate Lava Cakes...also quite scrumptious.


We also gave each other sweet gifts
Jordan got me this beautiful Sugar Jar that I had my eye on. It's made with that pretty green opaque glass I love, and on the wrapping he wrote "Because your sweeter than Sugar"...Too cute, Thank you my Love :)


I gave Jordan a drink mixer. Often times for our celebrations we like to make special drinks and up until now we have been using Jordan's travel mug to shake the drinks in. So I found this in the Valentines section at Target and knew it would be the perfect gift. Also it has about 12 different drinks listed around the rim and in the circles below it tells you what goes in for the drink, how cool is that!


So we toasted to our Love with a Sea Breeze drink :)

3 comments:

  1. What fun gifts! And that dinner looks amazing, wow! Mind giving me the recipe for the chicken?

    P.S. That is one big chicken...what do you do with all of the leftovers?

    ReplyDelete