Sunday, January 24, 2010

Stew by the Fire

Friday's I get to enjoy a half day at work. Often I will do the grocery shopping and run errands before returning home, but I always make sure to get home in time to watch Giada De Laurentiis. Two Friday's ago on her show she made "Hearty Tomato Soup" and "Beef and Butternut Squash Stew". Both of which looked amazing and I knew I wanted to try. So yesterday I made the soup for lunch and it was so yummy (we will be having the left overs tomorrow)!! Tonight I made the stew and it too was delicious. It is a thiner stew but the melody of flavors was simply wonderfully delectable. Many times on Giada's cooking show she makes a meal for a certian event this time it was after her and some friends had spent the day skiing and had dinner by the fire. While Jordan and I didn't eat this after skiing we did have it while in front of a warm, cozy fire Jordan had prepared. It sure was a fun dinner.

Here is a picture so you can join in the fun with us.


Let me know what you think if you make either of the recipes!



1 comment:

  1. This is a picture perfect meal and should be in a cookbook! "Yummo" as Rachel Ray likes to say. :) Your meal really looks delicious. I love stews.

    ReplyDelete