Saturday, January 30, 2010

Painting Pottery Again?!?

Yes it's true I went and painted more pottery :)
This time I went with a group of girls, only one of whom I knew. It was a fun evening for sure. Becki, who works with me, invited me to a girls night which is called G.N.O.M.E and stands for Girls Night Out Monthly Extravaganza. Each month they get together and do some thing different and they make it fun. She told me the event was started because they were getting married and having babies and it was becoming tough to hang out together. So one night a month they hang out just girls no husbands or babies. Becki told me one time they went bowling and I think she called it "Crazy Bowling." Instead of just bowling they would add different things to it each round the only one I remember was bowling with an oven mitt on. I thought that was a clever idea. Well she invited me this month and although I was a little nervous not knowing anyone but her I decided to go. Seemed like a good way hang out with some people and the added plus painting pottery which as you can tell is something I love to do. She rented out the party room and we enjoyed pizza and drinks while we painted it was a lot of fun! I ended up painting two things. They were smaller pieces so they were quickly done.

The first piece is a flower pot. I was really excited about this one because I just recently got a pretty pink African violet and I knew it would fit perfectly in this pot. I am not in love with how it turned out. I think I should have done the darker blue speckled color that is on the tray also on the rim on the pot, but oh well my flower still looks great in it.


The second piece I am in love with! It's so cute. It is supposed to be an ice cream dish but I'm using it as a little candy dish for now. It is a fun bright blue color with white speckles all throughout, it reminds me of tropical water. The speckled paints they have are super fun!



2 comments: