Saturday, June 19, 2010

Scrumptious


We just ate the most amazing dinner! A couple weeks ago we were visiting our good friends, Carrie and Jesse West, and we had the most yummy stuffed peppers. It was my first stuffed pepper experience and an excellent one at that. Carrie made a rice mixture with corn and beans for the stuffing it was so good. Then a week or so later I was watching my favorite cooking show and she happened to make, Couscous Stuffed Peppers with Basil Sauce. So tonight that is what we had and they were so delicious I can't wait to have them again. The stuffing was incredible; it was full of couscous, feta, dried currants, spinach and garbanzo beans. I had to improvise a little on the basil sauce because they were out of basil at the store and the basil I am growing is not yet big enough; so I bought chives instead. Also I could not find creme fraiche so I bought mascarpone cheese. When making the sauce I added a little more olive oil and lemon juice since the mascarpone is thicker than creme fraiche. The sauce taste great and went so well with the flavors of the pepper and filling!!

2 comments:

  1. Looks soooo good. the stuffing sounds delicious! I've never had a stuffed pepper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The peppers are almost as becoming as the chef! What a dish, Deb!

    ReplyDelete