Sunday, October 18, 2009

Fall Faves


My favorite season happens to be FALL! I love the crisp, sunny days, changing leaves and festivities that come with this wonderful season. I want to share with you some of my favorite things about Fall...

Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte


This is my favorite coffee drink and I get very excited to hear when the pumpkin spice latte is back at Starbucks. This year my friend Susannah actually called me the first day (September 1st) they started serving them this season to let me know because she remembered just how much I love them. So off I went to get one and it was so delicious!

Boots...Boots...and More Boots!

Yes I love boots, I purchased some boots while they were on sale this past spring and summer (thank you mom for the gray boots!!) and now I am finally able to wear them. They are so fun with dresses, skirts and of course skinny jeans (which are also a new thing for me:)) there are just so many possibilities. Also a big plus is that they keep me so warm. It has been quite chilly this past week and weekend for us and these boots have taken the chill away.

Festivities with Friends



This weekend we got together with some friends and the men did some pumpkin carving. Jordan did the cat pumpkin in honor of our Pazooki. Mark did the crazy monster. Matt drew his pattern freehand onto his pumpkin only to discover that it was rotten...it was very sad when he had to throw it in the woods. All in all we had a great night of laughs and yummy desserts.

Speaking of...

Apple Pie


There were so many yummy desserts there. Tosha made a wonderful pumpkin pie with a yummy cranberry mixture on top then brown sugar whipped cream to top it all off. Denise made some amazing pumpkin bread muffins and sent us all home with a loaf, so good! I brought this apple pie. Actually the Fugi apples were given to us by Matt and Tosha as a gift and they are the most scrumptious apples ever! My recipe called for tart apples and Fugi's are considered sweet so I reduced the amount of sugar in the recipe and it turned out great! I love baking in the fall. It's great cause you actually want the heat from the oven in your house and then you get all the fall aromas swirling around your home.

So I am toasting to all of you with my pumpkin spiced latte, a very happy Fall!

6 comments:

  1. I love your twiggy pumpkin, and that pie looks delicious! Oh, I forgot to tell you, I just bought some gray slouchy foots the other day! We are sameys :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figured :) That's great I know you will love them, slouchy boots are the best! We should be twins the next time we see each other :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The boots are cute and you look so cute holding your fall drink. I'm glad to see some pics with friends. I hope you are settling in more! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the boots...especially the gray ones. :)
    All the fun things you posted brings back fond memories...the hot drink, fall colors and goodies and the carved pumpkins are great! Now I am just waiting for some trick-or-treaters! Hope we get some this year.

    ReplyDelete