Sunday, December 5, 2010

Special Meal

The tradition I'm about to share I got from my family, and now Jordan and I have adopted it. When Thanksgiving comes around, no matter where we spend it, we always have our own special meal together another day. As a kid I always enjoyed this. This year we spent Thanksgiving with Jordan's family and it was really fun, with just the six of us. Jordan's Mom wanted it to be just us since Jordan and I will be in WA for Christmas. Unfortunately, I took not a one picture of the family to share:(

So anywho on the Saturday after Thanksgiving Jordan and I had a yummy meal, just the two of us. I decided to go with:

Cornish Hens w/Cornbread Stuffing
Macaroni and Cheese
Green Beans w/Shallots and Toasted Hazel Nuts

I was pretty excited about the small menu, sometimes I get a little excited and make way too much for two people. I got the Cornish Hen recipe the day before by watching the Barefoot Contessa and she just happened to be making the Hen's as well. So I copied her. except I made my own cornbread and she store bought hers. This stuffing was the best I have ever had! The mac 'n cheese recipe I get from a Church cookbook I have, it is my all time favorite.


Hooray for Family traditions!

4 comments:

  1. That sounds and looks amazing! And I love your shirt! You guys are too cute. Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving and even an extended Thanksgiving, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really cool idea! Your menu sounded delicious, wish we could have gate crashed your special meal;) You always cook up the most beautiful new recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy, as usual. :)
    I miss you Deb!

    ReplyDelete